Here’s my gratitude list for 2021. I have decided to make it an annual post.
Some great things have happened in 2021 – even though the Covid-19 pandemic continues to linger and play with my anxiety.
This new year has started better than 2021 (see my previous blog post here). I spent time over Christmas developing a 6 month plan for my art development and am currently optimistic. Seeing the improvements in 12 months of my drawing and painting skills has been a great motivator.
A gratitude list for 2021
Looking back on 2021, here is an incomplete look at the good, (mainly) art-related events that happened in my life:
- Becoming a member of Grosvenor Art Society and selling my favourite painting in their Annual Exhibition. It has gone to a great home.
- Selling a painting the first time I entered work into the Castle Park Annual Open Exhibition.
- Receiving my first Instagram commission for an oil painting.
- Ramping up the development of my drawing and painting skills after discovering the teachings of Cornelia Hernes and Stephen Bauman on patreon.com
- Finally creating some artwork that I continue to be pleased with more than a month after putting the paintbrush/pencil/charcoal stick down!
- Continuing to be part of a great artists community on Instagram (and finally reaching over 500 followers) and Facebook. I also have chatted with some wonderful artists around the globe via twitter.
Less Art-related, but very important too:
- The people I know who have had Covid-19 have recovered without extreme long term issues.
- Having another great Christmas with our daughter who has reached an age where she understands it all more and was so excited Christmas morning. She even helped take decorations down too.
- My wife is still the most amazing and supportive woman ever in the word.
- Seeing our daughter developing a wonderful, crazy imagination and playing games (and sleeping well more often). Now, if only we could find a way for her to enjoy cleaning her teeth!
I am so excited for 2022. It has started well and I am in a place where I know what I want to do creatively and know how to get there. It’s going to a fun journey this year.
How was 2021 for you and what are your plans for the 2022?
I wish you all a great year. Stay safe.